Rules & Regulations
Thank you for your interest in joining us for the upcoming Elevate Artisan Market. No matter if you’ve been with us every year or are a new artist, we are excited to partner with you in showcasing both your talent and your finished product. If you’ve been with us at Elevate before, you know that we work extremely hard to provide a unique opportunity for our artists and visitors alike. Please read the application, rules, and regulations carefully before applying or arriving for your Elevate Artisan Market show. Elevate Artisan Market is held every year on the last Saturday of October from 10 – 5 at 644 Hall Road, Cairo, Georgia
Rules and Regulations
This market is an artisan market. Not a buy/sell show or flea market. Items not created by the exhibitor or artisan are not permitted. Resale of wholesale items IS NOT permitted and will result in exclusion from future markets. A vinyl decal, sublimation on clothing, tumblers, etc. and copyrighted images (unless it’s your copyright) are not allowed.
- All artists will be assigned a site number and arrival time for the morning of the market. This is to expedite the flow of traffic in our limited space. Please DO NOT arrive before your assigned time. When you arrive on Saturday morning, please unload your vehicle quickly and move your vehicle as soon as possible before beginning setup to clear the way for other vehicles. There will be staff on hand to assist you with this. All sites will be available for pre-set up the Friday before from sunrise to sunset. The property is fenced and gated, but we recommend only leaving your tents and tables due to weather uncertainty.
- Booths may not be dismantled before 4:30 on Saturday. For safety reasons NO cars may be brought into the display area until visitors have left. Please have your booth completely packed and boxed up before bringing your vehicle to your site to load. Failure to abide by this OR by not showing up at all will result in not being allowed to participate in future markets.
- Your registration reserves a 10 x 10 site that is assigned at our discretion to ensure the same products are not showcased side by side and to offer a variety to our visitors. If you have a special request as far as location, or to be beside a specific artist, please let us know and we will do our best to fulfill requests.
- In the event of inclement weather, a decision will be made regarding the Market. There is not a rain date or alternate date.
- We provide the land and port-a-potties. You are responsible for supplying a tent, tables, chairs, etc.
- No bare tables or poster board signs are allowed. Your display is what will attract visitors to your booth. Your quality product and winning personality are what will keep them there. Please put some thought and effort into your display.
- No generators are allowed. If you need electricity for the completion of your product only (food, pottery wheel, etc.) there are limited sites available. We cannot give electrical sites to people who want them to run fans in their booths. Sorry.
- Due to fire hazards, there is no smoking allowed anywhere on the Elevate Artisan Market grounds.
- Elevate Artisan Market is a pet-friendly event. All pets must stay leashed and please clean up after your four-legged baby.
- As always, we do not charge a booth fee to artists for participation in Elevate. With that in mind, please be considerate of artists that may be on our waiting list. If for some reason you have to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible so someone waiting can take your place.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of artists displaying the same type of medium. In the interest of fairness, we try to keep a balance between all types of art for our artists’ sake and for the variety of our customers.
- If you haven’t already, please ‘like’ the Elevate Artisan Market Facebook page and share it. If you have a logo and sharable photos about your art, send them to us and we’ll promote your participation in the Elevate market.
- Every year we offer door prizes to our visitors and they are a HUGE hit! Artists are encouraged, but NOT required to donate a small item for these gift baskets that are given away hourly throughout the day. It’s a great way to get your name and product into people’s hands and homes. If you choose to do this, you may contact us about arranging drop off or bring them the day of pre-setup or even the morning of the Market and we’ll make sure they get put in the gift baskets.
- We will communicate primarily through email and our closed Facebook group. If you aren’t already a member of this group, you will receive an invitation to join shortly. PLEASE check your email and this group page frequently for any updates, especially as it gets closer to the market. We have found this is the most efficient way to communicate with everyone.
- Sharing of your booth space with another artisan is permitted but ONLY with permission from the Market coordinator.